The School Site Council (SSC) is an elected body made up of parents, teachers, staff, and the principal. The SSC is charged with the following tasks:
- Collaborate in the development of the annual school improvement plan
- Annually review/monitor, and update the improvement plan and budget
- Provide feedback to the Superintendent and Executive Cabinet regarding the District’s Strategic Plan and annual goals
- Support site leadership in implementing goals and priorities
- In consultation with law enforcement and the fire department, review, provide input on, and approve the Comprehensive School Safety Plan. Our Comprehensive School Safety Plan will be posted to the website after January 20, 2023.
- Provide feedback on the school’s plan for class/course configurations for the upcoming school year
Nimitz goals are funded through several primary channels:
- Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)
- Nimitz Parent Teacher Association
- Nimitz PTA raises funds at Nimitz via family contributions, an annual Walkathon and various other programs. The Nimitz PTA
- General Educational Funds
- Discretionary state funds.
- Title One Funds
- Cupertino Educational Endowment Fund (CEEF)
- District-wide foundation that gives money to all CUSD schools. 1% of total funds come from CEEF.
When does SSC meet?
SSC MEETING DATES: 09/22/22, 10/25/22, 11/15/22, 01/11/23, 02/28/23 (future dates for the rest of 2022-23 will be updated soon)
TIME: 2:45 - 3:45 PM Virtually or in Room 907